Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Too Much Trimming

I've got a good number of trees and bushes running along the front of the house.  They do make the house look good, I guess, but it does take a decent amount of time to trim them all.  This year I worked on it for two days... maybe 9 hours altogether.  But, it's done :)

I've got three holly trees/bushes/whatever like the one at the corner of the garage here.  When I moved in they were up/above the lower roof line and every year I cut them back shorter.  My advice to anyone thinking of planting these things is... don't.  I guess one good thing about them is that for some reason robins like to nest in them, if you think that's a good thing.
 

Now that's another holly bush at the left corner of the house but different from the others.  This sucker is big, well over 10 feet tall now and perhaps 7-8 feet in diameter.  I've never really trimmed this thing as it just doesn't get in my way or bother me... yet.
 
The front door is pretty much just for decoration.  To the best of my memory no visitor/guest has ever entered through this doorway.  There have been a few solicitors that have rung the bell and I kind of get a kick out of the fact that the first thing they say, before they even say what they're trying to sell me, is "Boy... that's some driveway to come up."  It doesn't help them... I still say 'no' to whatever it is they made the trip up the driveway to sell me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment