Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Morning view from the Deck

I really, really like being on the deck in the mornings and I'm happy to say that the view is improving nicely.  I've got a couple of other things I want to work on but things done last summer are maturing well I think. 
The hydrangea has become acclimated to its new home and seems to be growing quite well.  Blossoms have started to come out and I will be happy to see them at full bloom, and color.

In the lower section some of the flowers planted last summer made it, some didn't.  A couple of months ago I dug up and split some hostas and replanted pieces here.  There are doing well.  I also split the daisies and they too seem to be holding their own... yippee!

The hostas along the back of the house, many of which I split, are doing what hostas do... grow no matter what.  Wouldn't it be nice if that stinkin' grass did the same?!?!?

One most interesting thing noticed is the salmon yarrow plants.  When purchased, they had salmon-colored flowers on them.  Last year not a single flower came in although the leafy stuff grew like mad.  This year for no particular reason I haven't really been watering them and flower stems and buds are coming up all over the place.  I'm thinking I over watered them last summer although I really don't have the slightest idea.  Anyway, I think I learned a gardening lesson and I'm happy about it.  The flowers will grow to about the size of a daisy.  Clicking on this photo you can see the little ones coming in a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment