Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Techno Geek

Well, as the heading of my blog page states, I am not a Luddite but I am extremely slow to acknowledge that  modern technological advances have any application in my life.  However, I have decided to take a mighty leap forward and make a hesitant move into mobile technology.  I intend to start traveling a bit, specifically throughout GA right now to capture some state geocaches and I figured having a laptop of some type would prove advantageous to me.  Therefore, I have gotten myself a Chromebook and have spent the last couple of days laboriously learning how to use it.  The advances I've made have been quite startling to me as I race to catch up with the computer skills of my granddaughter!  This posting is being done on the Chromebook just to find out if I can do it.  So far, it seems I can but we'll see.
This is my little Chromebook and this is where I'm working at the moment.  Pretty impressed with myself because the photo was taken with my cellphone which is connected to the Chromebook to get the picture from.  

And this is my little Chromebook sitting on the table at McD's, next to a really crappy Egg McMuffin, where I have successfully accessed a wi-fi connection for the very fist time ever, outside of the house.  I know, billions of people have done this for years but they all had to have a first time as well.

That's it and now I will try to publish this post.  I'm getting an error message every time I try to save this as I work on it.  Go figure... is a google system and a google blogging application.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment