Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Bushes In The Ground

I got a couple of little bitty butterfly bushes from a nursery early this spring and have been growing them in pots in front of the garage where they did quite well.  Today it was time to put them in the ground.
Sitting nicely on the bench.
 
I've mentioned it many times before but digging a hole around my yard is just an awful fight between me and the inevitable rocks!  As if the heavy clay 'soil' wasn't bad enough.  Digging these things up just takes all the fun out of digging.  And, they're not pebbles as you can see.  But, both holes have been dug and I'm still standing :)
 
Ta da... all done.

And the view from the porch.  Supposedly they're supposed to grow to be 6-8 feet in diameter and judging from the size of the original growth thus far, I haven't the least doubt they'll make it.  I had to remove the rose bushes from this area so hopefully the animals will leave these alone and this back 'desert' area will be filled in nicely.  The wildflower beds are actually showing growth this year as well... yippee!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment