Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Family

Up to now I have pretty much kept specific information about my family, particularly names and pictures, off this site.  My thoughts were centered on safety for the most part.  In chatting with my son, David, and my daughter-in-law Samantha, I have decided to go ahead and include more family doings and pictures.  I am rather happy that they are my family and proud of each and every one of them.  So...

I took a trip over to NC last week to spend five nights and four full days with them and a wonderful visit it was.  They are all very much involved in the activities of their church and they decided to sponsor a church social of sorts to get people out and interacting with one another.  I got to meet some of their friends while at the same time enjoying the company of the family.

My son, David, on the right and his friend Bill minding the grills at the park.
 
My granddauther, Riley.  I have two granddaughters... Riley and Hannah.  Hannah is the best big sister in the world to Riley.  Hannah enjoys reading and math and is pretty much a most well-mannered and lovely young lady.  Riley seems to be developing as somewhat more adventurous.  She had quite a good time at the park just wandering around playing with whatever suited her fancy.
 
Riley is quite fearless and although she's a little thing doesn't let her size deter her from doing what the larger folk do... like eat chips.  The bench seat was about chest high on her but she managed by herself to begin her climb to the treasure.
 
Almost there.
 
Success!!
 
Riley gets quite a kick out of herself and smiles and laughs all the time, even at herself.
 
She's also smart and does things her own way, most of which just crack me up.  Here I asked her to show me her ponytail.  While most everyone would turn their head laterally, Riley without hesitation looked down to bring the ponytail into view. 
 
After the social broke up, David and Samantha's friends, Bill and Amy, came over to the house for a bit of socializing.  I really enjoyed meeting this couple as I found them both good folks.  Here are the two couples going at each other in a game of cornhole (I think it's called).  That's Samantha on the left and Amy on the right.  Notice how the boys dressed alike and the girls pretty much did the same.  I think it's a southern thing.
 
Sunday morning and the girls dressed up and ready for church.  Prior to this shot they had given me the most wonderful Father's Day card.  It's really interesting to watch just how much Riley follows darn near every move Hannah makes.  It's also very interesting to watch just how much Hannah enjoys being the big sister and a wonderful job she does of it, too.
 
Riley :)
 
I will post more family adventures as they occur.  I've also got to get a recent photo of my mom up here.  I'll work on that.

 

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment