Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Connecticut

By speical request by special friends I'm putting this bit of info out along with some photographs.  I lived in Middletown, CT, from May 2006 until February 2010.  Middletown is pretty much in the center of the state, about 15 miles south of Hartford.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time in CT and found it to be incredibly pretty, and incredibly hilly.  Head up northwest for an hour or so and you're in some serious mountains, the upper Appalachians to be exact.  I was not expecting that at all and made a point of riding my motorcycle throughout just about all of the state.  I'm not unhappy about leaving CT though; their politics and taxes are not at all to my liking.  So, some photos of my little Cape Cod in Middletown, CT.
In November of 2008

Again, November of 2008.  I was the last house on the street before the end of the cul de sac.  The wetlands you see were technically on my property and they go all the way to the back of the house and beyond.  I say technically because technically I couldn't do anything with it except pay taxes on it, technically.

I loved this deck and the patio below it.  The house was on a rather severe slope and was the only one with a retaining wall, just beyond the fence.  This was a rather nice private area. 

Again the back, this time looking more towards the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment