Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010 Motorcycling

I enjoy riding motorcycles and have ridden for a number of years.  I enjoy long, multi-state trips and I enjoy just exploring the areas around my home.  I've ridden with a lot of wonderful riders, and some not so wonderful.  The best riding group was the Jerseypine Cruisers in the Chicago area.  If you're looking for a wonderful bunch of seasoned, safe riders, look them up.  I miss riding with that group, particularly my favorite riding partner of all time, Steve.  I also miss Bill, Chris, and Andy.  Steve and I just meshed from the first little ride we took together, coming home after a rather unpleasant ride to dinner with the group.  From that time on, it was nothing but good times shared.  Steve was going to come down to GA this summer but I asked him to hold off for a year.  Just like when I moved to CT in May 2006, I don't get out much the first year because there's too much work to be done.  Steve made it to CT twice... once solo.  I got out today for a rather nice ride in central/western GA.  I bought a MAD map of the area.  Overpriced, without question, but I have to give them credit because the loop I made today, down to the Warm Springs area and FDR state park, was rather nice.  Great roads with little, if any traffic,  getting down there I 'found' the speedway just because I rode past it.  Now if there's a race that attracts me, at least I know where the place is.
Proof I was there.  Of course, several hundred thousand others had already been there before me!

Something eerie about having the place to oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment