Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Best Geocache Ever

Since I got involved in geocaching I've walked some pretty great distances over some pretty rough and steep terrain.  I've gotten to the area of a geocache and spent considerable time trying to find the dang thing.  Well about a week ago I had the most wonderful geocaching experiences and found the best geocache ever!

I headed over to NC to visit with the kids and the only thing that I had mentioned that I simply had to do while visiting was to get out to find Hannah's geocache.  There was a bit of rain the first couple of days but Saturday turned out sunny and not really cold so we set out for a bit of fun.  David loaded Riley into a backpack type of carrier and Hannah can trudge along with the best of them.  Hannah hid her cache in a forest that pretty much runs along the border of Fort Bragg and has to be the 'cleanest' forest I've ever been in.  It was like a forest with no underbrush... just trees and pine needles.  The walk wasn't too far or difficult and getting to the cache area didn't take very long but I felt so darn good being out with my son and grandchildren.  As we approached the cache area Hannah gave me a few clues to help me find it and what a nice find it was.

Is there anything better than finding your granddauther's geocache with your granddaughter???  I don't think so!!!
 
After dropping off a couple of items in Hannah's cache, and taking one piece to move to another cache, we headed back to the car for more exploring.  David did a great job of heading out on the exact type of geocaching I like to do... walking through the woods.  I've really forgotten how many locations we stopped at and how many caches we found but it was a very, very good time and I am eagerly looking forward to the next time we're out.

1 comment: