Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rocks and Rocks

Once again I was out and about exploring areas that I never would have gotten to without being involved in geocaching.  It also helped to get a suggestion from David that I look at 'favorites' among other cachers... so I did.  I got out to a place called Boat Rock Park which is just full of huge, massive, incredible rocks that just kind of take your breath away.  I mean what are these big suckers doing here?  Won't bore you but took a few pictures to show where I was wandering.  Oh yes, I did find the cache after a good deal of searching the area.
Just a few steps from where I parked this group shows up.  These suckers are BIG!
 
Same group... a little closer.
 
I came across this one on the way back to the car.  This is the kind of thing that just captivates my attention, and thoughts.  I mean the smaller rock is probably 6 feet high and for the most part is pretty rounded all the way around.  How did it get up on top of this other rock and how did it stay there?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment