Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Good to be small

In the previous post I mentioned that after going out to find Hannah's cache, David took us to find a few more, one of which was a find of a cache box that was actually air dropped to it's location!  David had done the math and searching for it before so it was just a chance for me to see what he had found previously.  As we got nearer to the location David mentioned that he would not be going to it because the underbrush (overbrush?) was quite low and he couldn't make it with Riley hanging on his back.  Hannah had absolutely no problem at all... she could just walk under it all and continue on her merry way.  Well, Hannah lead me to it and it was pretty darn interesting to see.  We turned to walk out and Hannah lead the way.  This brought about a 'happening' for grandpa that obviously amused David enough to take photos of it.
Hannah was leading and had just walked under this tree.  I guess I was just kind of looking down, kind of looking at Hannah's back, and ducking things as I followed her out.  Hannah was able to just walk normally, blissfully able to pass under any obstacle.  This photo was taken just after I had looked up/forward and in so doing had walked right into this tree, face first, hard enough to actually bend the nose pieces on my glasses!  Granted, David did call out to ask if I was all right but he was laughing when he did.
 
There she is... marching in the lead as grandpa tries to regain his senses and tries, in vain, to get his now bent glasses to stay on his face.  Hannah had picked up a stick to use as a walking stick and she kept it with her the rest of the day.  When we got back to the house David did a good job wrapping a cord handle onto it... pretty nice.
 
Great shot here.  Note how that tree is at perfect face height!  How I got the marks along the length of my jacket arm I don't know but again, David and Hannah got a kick out of it.  I was delighted to bring them such happiness :)  Being smaller during this little adventure certainly had it's advantages!

No comments:

Post a Comment