Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Retirement - Hosta Project

Yesterday after lunch I was just sitting on the deck... just kind of relaxing.  Somewhere along the line I said to myself something like "Well, this is retirement."  I leaned over the railing and looked down on the row of hostas and yarrow plants and said I guess I could partition off the plants like I've wanted to do since I moved in.  It was a perfectly normal day of doing pretty much nothing and then the project starts.  So, it's off to Lowes for supplies and then getting into the dirt again.  I worked on it yesterday late afternoon and then finished up this morning.  Now I need to do something about the 'clay' soil where no grass seems to grow.  If that grass project goes like my other grass project it too will be a lifetime project.
The 'before' shot number 1

The 'before' shot number 2


And the 'after' shots


Good photo.  One more project completed on the left.  One more project to be done on the right.  Seems like there's always one more project to be done.  Retirement... gotta love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment