Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 12 Ride

Oh what a beautiful day to be out on a motorcycle!  The sun was shining,  mid 80's and a a bit of breeze to keep things from getting too hot.  I found some wonderful roads that took me almost into Alabama and then north just shy of TN.  Rode for about 7 hours and got in 360 miles and every one of them a good mile.  The route went up along the edge of, and then into, the Chattahoochee National Forest and some pretty good mountains.  The roads were wonderful the entire way and for the most part I had them to myself.  I was on the cruiser and it drove beautifully, and comfortably.  The day was not without tragedy though.  During one of my stops I put my favorite water bottle of all time on top of my saddle bag and then forgot to put it away before driving off.  I realized it about an hour later when I stopped again.  On the way back I drove to the town I had stopped in, got to the exact same parking spot in front of an antique store, got off the bike and looked around... no bottle.  I back-tracked my route on the bike a bit thinking it didn't fall off right away perhaps.  No luck... it's gone.  I'll get another but not like that one.  Other than that, it was a terrific day to be alive and out and about.  Looking forward to the next one!
The VTX somewhere along the way.

I don't know how far I could see from up here but it was a long, long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment