Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bottle Lamp

Some months ago a pretty bottle was found at Goodwill.  The intention was to someday put some little lights in it and fill it with glass beads and make a nice nightlight type of thing out of it.  Well, today was that day.  I'd never drilled a hole in glass before so with a bit of looking around on the internet and a run to get the drill bits for doing so I managed to cut my first hole in a very thick bottle without shattering the thing.  The hole let me feed a string of lights into it from near the bottom so the cord/plug would be down there.  I surrounded the lights with colored glass stones and voila!  I think it turned out rather well.
The new lamp sitting on the mantle next to the Christmas lights that we never put away.

A closer look... better focus this time.  $2.50 less 25% for the senior discount, plus the costs of the lights.  We won't count the $10 for the drill bits as I'll use those again, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I meant to post on this weeks ago, and forgot. I LOVE this! Maybe Santa will bring us one........hint, hint, wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete