Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Roses in the ground

OK... the 3 knockout roses I was waiting to be delivered came to the house at about 7:30 last night, too late to get them into the ground at that time.  So, in the cool of this morning I was out to get them situated.  I had a good laugh at myself because the first thing I had to do was fill in the holes I had dug as they were far, far too big.  The plants were no more than 6" tall :)  I used my nifty new sifter and got the holes filled up, threw in some planting soil and mixed in some cow poo along with some granular fertilizer and got them nestled in.  Now, nature just has to take over and get the suckers growing.
The sun was still trying to get above the trees and it was nice to work in the shade.  This area is in full sun from about 9:00 AM right up to sundown.

Just another angle on it.  I raked the area clean and got out the grass/weed killer to spray whatever the hell the little green stuff growing was.  Come fall through winter, this area is covered with pine needles which is kind of nice but the snakes like it too.


Here's one of the just-delivered ones.  Kind of cute, huh?  I know it isn't much at the moment but just you wait and see!  This is going to be a most beautiful area of the back yard.  Knockout Rose Forest, here we come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment