Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Grandpa's Girls

I headed over to Hope Mills, NC over the long Labor Day weekend to see my new granddaughter, Riley!  Visiting with the little ones was very, very nice as was the whole visit.  The one thing that turned out to be a big disappointment was that when I put the pictures on the computer the majority of them were very blurred and unusable.  That perturbed me, greatly!  Regardless, I did get some shots that I'll share here.

Hannah had her school to go to on Friday morning.  She was just the cutest thing what with her sun hat and overloaded backback and all.  I took a shot of her in the house but that was one of the crud ones so this is the best I can do.  Here she's headed to the truck... happy as a lark to be going to school and the swimming pool to have some fun with her classmates.  Take my word for it... she looked cute!

I'd heard that Hannah was just a wonderful 'Big Sister' to Riley and what we saw proved all that to be true.  She's kind and loving to her and displayed it just about every time Riley was awake, which was more than it has been, or so Samantha and David say.  Again, look past the blurry aspects of these photos and just take them for what they are... Hannah and Riley getting along rather well together :)





See?  I told you they got along fabulously! 

While we were visiting I asked Samantha if she could make arrangements for us all to go out and visit with her father, and she did.  I really like Garry and hadn't been to his house and property since a couple of months before David and Samantha were married so it's been almost 10 years or so now.  Aside from the brick house that he built himself there are many other structures that he built himself, including a pond with plenty of fish in it and a waterfall kind of structure that just makes for a wonderful place to sit and think about nothing.  Hannah wanted to fish a bit so using some of the leftover hotdogs that we had for lunch for bait, she proceeded to haul them in.  I'm pretty sure she caught 3 or 4; daddy caught zip.  Here's some photos from the pond area.
She no sooner had the hook in the water when she landed her first one.  Pretty nice size!

Love that smile!  Love those boots!!

If this isn't the greatest way to fish I sure don't know what would be.  This place is incredible and every single thing was built and put where it is by Samantha's father.  Figures... I don't have a photo of him!  Right above Hannah's head in this photo is the water 'thing' that Garry built.  He pumps water up to this little flume-like thing and then it pours over back into the pond.  It is just so peaceful.
 
David and Hannah wanted to walk down to the creek to try their luck there.  They didn't even catch a sunburn but this picture just seems to nice to me I had to include it.

And now what you've all been waiting for, I know.  Grandpa and Riley.  Regardless of what David said about it being gas, Riley was smiley when I was with her.  Look... you can see for yourself!
 
Too bad you can't see it in this picture... Riley was not only smiling, she was laughing and sort of talking to me, too.  Really!

She may be tiny but she packs a lot of happiness in that little body.

Oh yeah...  Life is good.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment