Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Flower Beds

I've got this hunk of nothing at the end of the grass line off the backyard that I've been wanting to plant some flowers in so this past weekend I had at it.  The thought last fall was to put down some wildflowers to just get a splash of color so that's how I went at it.  Off to the home store -- no brand name advertised here -- and picked up the paver bricks that match the ones used up near the deck steps a few weeks back along with the dirt, brought it home and then got to work on it. 

This is the area and this is the load of stuff. 

The "Before" shot with the areas I was going to work in pretty well identified.

The "After" shot after I think 4 hours work.  From the angle it looks like a terraced garden.  I always wanted a terraced garden :)  Now, just have to water, water and water and hopefully I'll have some beautiful wild flowers popping up in time for viewing this summer.

I also finished dismantling the 'corral' area next to the deck.  I had no idea what to do there either and I'd gone through a lot of ideas.  It would be a nice area for a 'lower' deck or something but the deck is rather good size now and I didn't need it.  Also thought of putting a storage shed or something like that there but I have plenty of storage room so that idea got nixed as well.  Ended up digging up some sizeable rocks, and I mean sizeable, tilling the Georgia dirt/clay, putting down some of the leftover topsoil and planting grass seed.  I don't need anymore grass areas either but it was the easiest way out to get this area cleaned up a bit.  Now we'll see if the grass grows there.  As soon as the flowers and grass start to grow I'll update this blog.  If nothing grows anywhere, I won't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment