Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 4 Update

Thursday now, the fourth day of frozen conditions in GA.  Things are pretty pathetic and cabin fever is real... wish we had some of those puzzles that David and Samantha are working on.  The cold temperatures just won't break and as much as I want to get out of the house, it's just not able to happen.  Ice is the problem and it's just not rushing to go away.  No mail now for the 5th day and of course the wimpy garbage people have announced they're not coming either.  I don't have any garbage to get picked up but to have the trucks come through would have been nice to bust some of this stuff up.  I've been around snow covered with ice before but nothing like this.  Sure, the snow can get ice covered but whenever I've walked on it, I broke though.  Not this stuff! 

The first morning after the snow, I guess that would have been Monday morning, I had to walk through the yard to get to the boat door to get the snow shovel.  No big deal walking through the 4-5 inches of snow.  Now, this morning, you can walk ON this stuff -- carefully slide is actually more accurate -- without breaking through!  I've never seen this before.  That's grass showing at the bottom of the 3-day old footprint.  Today, totally solid.  I had to go back into the house to get the camera to take this picture because I figured no one would believe this.  This is the problem now... the ice that just won't go away and without any traffic coming to the end of the road, this is what the damn road looks like! 
 


2 comments:

  1. wow, you guys have it worse than us! it's starting to fade away here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!! GA sounds like the UK....no equipment to handle even small amounts of snow. At least we had Monopoly and Guitar Hero to keep us busy.

    ReplyDelete