Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Little Camping/Tent Table

One thing I found myself wanting when I went overnighting in the van last fall was a little table to set my phone, clock, and little lantern on next to the cot.  I made do with a plastic container but this is a new year and I deserve a little folding table for myself.  I looked around on the internet off and on for the last few months and the closest I could come was a folding table from REI but they wanted $38 for the thing, it wasn't the 'perfect' dimensions, and when folded it was 4 1/2 inches thick.  Give me a break!  So I set about to make myself one and I kind of like it :)

Started like this.  Two pieces of wood I had laying around just waiting to be turned into my new table.
 
And this is how it ended up!
 
Instead of folding up to a bulky 4 1/2 inches, my little table folds down to 1 3/4 inches, slick as a whistle.
 
And of course it's exactly the right dimensions, including the height, to set up along side my new cot.  Happiness is having something exactly like you wanted it to be :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment