Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Little Sitter

We have had a LOT of rain in good ol' Douglasville the last week but today turned out pretty darn good with lots of sunshine.  It was definitely nice to get outside to just be outside as well as tend to a few things needing tending to.  It was also a 'first' day for me and it had to do with one of my little friends.  I was fixing myself something to eat and could see the hummingbirds coming to the feeders out the windows.  I noticed that one had perched on the feeder, something that I had only seen a couple times before and just for a fleeting moment.  I keep making my lunch... keep looking out the window... and this little sucker keeps sitting.  I glanced at the clock just for the fun of it; it had already been sitting for perhaps 2 minutes.  OK... I'm eating and it's still sitting... now 3 minutes on the clock.  I finish my sandwich and it's still sitting... now 9 minutes on the clock.  Fine... I grab the camera and took a few shots through the window.  Now 12 minutes on the clock.  I figured the thing had died or something -- it wasn't even drinking anymore -- but since it was still there I slowly cracked open the back door thinking I'd get a clearer shot of it but I bumped a chair which made some noise and off it went.  Came in to check... 15 minutes on the clock plus the time prior to me checking.  OK... maybe it doesn't sound all the exciting to you but I kind of enjoyed it :)
My little sitting friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment