Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Late October Roses


You've seen the Knockout Rose bushes before if you've followed this blog but I just had to send a few more pictures.  Last fall or early this spring we really, really cut these bushes down.  They were quite gnarly and twisted and all that and we hacked the hell out of them.  This summer they grew big and full.  Anyway, they're beautiful and even though it's overcast and there's no sun beaming brightly on the flowers, I took these shots anyway.
The bushes I shot are at the bottom of the driveway on either side, 3 per side.  You have to take my word for it that there are 3 per side because you can't see the ones being blocked out by the crepe myrtles.

Are these beautiful?!?!?  A close up of one of the bushes.  Too bad they have no scent at all.

I took this shot just to try to show how bright these suckers are.  No sunshine on them in these shots!

And another blossom.  They almost have a luminescence about them.  I love these things!  There's another large bush up near the front entryway... just as lush and full.  OK... that's it... enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment